Friday, April 4, 2008

Easter/Spring Break





What a wonderful day for a baptism! Dad and I were so happy to be spending Easter with Tina, Scott and family and it was such a privilege for him to baptize Scott, Tamara and Taryn. We loved seeing their new home, which is awesome, playing with the girls, and sharing a delicious meal with them. It was an added bonus that Cierra was able to come from New Mexico.


The next day, I drove to Marysville, CA and spend Spring break with Melanie, Andy and the kids. I had such a great time being with them and we were busy every minute. Because of snow in the mountains, I decided to stay longer than planned and got to go on a little trip with them to Moneray and Santa Curz. We went to the warf, aquarium and boardwalk and just had such a grand time. There were seven kids and three adults in the van and very few problems, not bad huh? I was happy to finally meet their foster children; Jayden, Alexis and Geovanni. They are adorable. I actually enjoyed my drive both down and back so remind me of that next time I am hesitant to do it.


Dad was busy while I was gone and had carpet installed in the bedroom, started putting in the molding, fixed the light in my sewing room and much more. I think I should go away more often.

6 comments:

LeAnn said...

Those are great pictures. What a busy week for you AND for bruce!

Emily said...

it sounded like you had so much fun on your trip to CA...I'm jealous you got to see everyone!

And how fun to spend Easter with Tina's family...that is just so awesome!!! I'm so happy for them!

Love the pictures! See you in a week!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

I'm so jealous of you... traveling all over and seeing family! that sounds wonderful to me! I wish I could have been with you. And it really looks like you had a great time and I'm so happy! Those pictures are adorable. I'm happy to finally see what the 3 foster children look like. Mostly I was just jealous I wasn't there :) but look on the bright side... i was here studying chemistry- oh wait- that's not the bright side. hahaha. the bright side is that i'll see you next weekend!!!! can't wait mom! love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I'm so happy for Tina and her family! that is such a great thing!! How exciting! love the pictures!!! Those kids are SO big! i can't even believe it!! holy cow!!!

Jill said...

Wow, you are a busy woman! How wonderful. Great pictures of all the kids. And way to make the drive yourself. That's a long way, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. P.S. Your text message was hilarious the other night! Did Bruce really know what those Scrabble words meant, or did he just get lucky?

Carol and Bruce said...

Oh, yes he knows Jill. He knows so many words that no one else ever heard of so, still, somehow I won by 4 tiny points.