Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am glad for many things

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, ours was just great, I love it so much! We had the same group as last year and it was so good to spend time with them. Jenni was here for a week from Rexburg, Brad and Kristy came from Roseburg and Darren, Jill, Joseph and Justin from Seattle. That's a lot of traveling and we really appreciated all of them for doing that. Warner, LeAnn, Joe, and Andrew were here, (we missed you Stephanie) and we had a new friend from the YSA Branch, Jenny Laederich who adds spice to any gathering:) We love her.
Fourteen of us so that is a good group.

No one reminded me not to make too many pies and so, like last year, I am finishing them. Hey, that reminds me, I wrote about that last year, it's my blogging anniversary! One year ago I started with Thanksgiving.

We are grateful for our many blessing, including all of you.Jill and I took the boys on a nice walk to the park to get the wiggles out before the Duck game. They seemed to know it was important and played quietly during the whole game. Dad looked forward to watching it with Darren and got called out, of course.
Jen had a lot of fun with the boys except for when we went to feed the ducks, she was a little wimpy. That nutria was really ugly though and all those birds swooping down on us and pooping on her pants didn't help.

Dad and Darren traveled to Portland to watch Marc's team win over Beaverton in the semi finals( they are in the championship game this Saturday, Congrats to Marc) , Jenni and I went to see Twilight and loved it, some serious Christmas shopping was accomplished, and lots special time with family and friends.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you have been blogging for a year! That's nuts! Such cute pictures! I'd be way more jealous and sad that I missed it if I didn't get to see all those people in 2 more weeks! YAY!!!! I'm glad you guys had a great time and I'm so happy for Marc!!

Desiree said...

Hi Carol, how are you? I've been meaning to say hi for a while. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving, I love it when there's lots of family around the table.

Desiree said...

Oh, by the way, I'm Desiree in case you are wondering who in the world Mrs. P. is.

Jill said...

It was such a good time. Can I have that group pic of Thanksgiving pretty please? See you again soon!