Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finally I'm blogging Christmas. I loved every minute!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season we sure did and I have a hard time letting go. You put so much effort into it, you have such a great time with family and friends, some of us get a vacation from work and then it's over just like that. Our family is all gone and I finally took the tree down, that makes me feel sad, I put all my grandson's favorite toys away and that made me sad so I decided to leave a few winter decorations up for awhile and that perked me right up.

It's quiet here now and even though I wasn't ready to start those early morning walks, I need to get rid of those extra calories and I was glad to see my little girls come back on Monday morning. Bruce is working all manor of crazy hours the past couple weeks so I haven't even seen much of him.

The big news here is that we got a new bed! Yep, after 26 1/2 years we thought it was time, it did dip in the middle pretty bad and we could feel the springs coming through so we went shopping and just as I thought would happen, we bought the first bed we saw so Bruce could get home in time for the Oregon game. I can be a good thing that he shops that way, if it were up to me, we would still have several stores to check out and then it would take a long time for me to choose. We got lucky though, it's very comfortable and we think we are going to love it, the only draw back is that you have to have a step ladder to get in it. It wasn't that high in the store, what's the deal with that?
Happy January to all and Happy Birthday to: Megan, Nicholas, Michael, Caleb and Kellen!!!

Bella gets baptized on January 17 and Nicholas will be ordained a deacon on the 18th. They are growing up so fast!!
I'm so slow that a lot of our pictures have been posted but here are a few favorites:
1. Cookies for Santa
2. We actually have snow
3. The favorite toy
4. One of many SERIOUS scrabble games

5 comments:

The Webb Family said...

Sounds like your christmas was a great one. I seriously hate seeing the holidays come to an end, with all the anticipation and hub-bub I'm left with a 'what do I do now'? sorta feeling. It's hard to get back into the routine of things again. Happy New Year's (ok so a few days late...) to the whole Jolley clan! love ya all.

Jill said...

Our tree just came down too and it's so empty in our front room now!

I loved every minute of it too. Thanks so much for taking such great care of us.

Emily said...

I was so sad when it was all over! You guys made it so much fun and so relaxing for me, it was the best vacation ever!

Back to the normal routine now I suppose.

I'm so happy about your new bed!

Melanie said...

Love that Serious scrabble game and the fact that smartie pants joseph is right in the middle of it!

Jenni said...

cute pictures! Man mom, it's so sad when it's all over! I miss you all so much already and I wish we could rewind. Thank you so much for everything. it couldn't have been better. love you!