Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So Grateful

We were very grateful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with Emily and Steve in Las Vegas this year. Michael and Jennifer were there too and we had a most wonderful time. It took all of us to prepare the meal which was a lot of fun. We gave dad the job of peeling the apples for the pie and he was very good at it, he said it comes from peeling so many potatoes on KP duty in the army.

Em making her delicious pie crusts, we made several batches since we had A LOT of pie, pumpkin, apple, blueberry, cherry and pumpkin cheesecake, all delicious.





We called for help from Michael every time we needed a can opened. Carly never strayed far from Michael, he is great with the kids and they love him.


Easton and I making the crust for the cheese cake.

Here is the whole gang at Nick and Christy's home on Thanksgiving, they were the perfect hosts and we love being with them and their adorable daughters, Regan and Alice. You can't see Jenni's tummy but there are three pregnant bellies right in a row there, it was pretty cute. Christy is due very soon and worked so hard that day taking good care of us and wouldn't let us do any of the work, she is amazing and we appreciated it so much. The weather was beautiful all week and Emily took us on a great hike, and to the Cactus Gardens all decorated with Christmas lights and our favorite spot, the Ballagio. Everyone else in town wanted to see the conservatory and light show too, it took us a half hour to get from the parking lot to the street, we enjoyed the time visiting but others weren't as happy, there was a lot of loud horn honking and shouting going on. We went shopping at midnight on Black Friday, the girls are busy here figuring out our plan of action. We were in and out of Kohls in a half hour but not so lucky at Target, we put our items back and left as the line was all around the store. We had great luck at the outlet mall later in the day.There was a lot of time for games, resting, reading stories and just visiting.







My favorite part of the trip was seeing these two cute pregnant girls and feeling their babies moving all around. So fun and exciting!! A BIG thanks to Em and Steve for inviting us!


I love this time of year and Thanksgiving, I always feel we have so much to be thankful for and that I could never properly express my gratitude. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, can't wait to hear all about it.





























3 comments:

Emily said...

Love the pics!!! It's my first belly picture I've seen of myself and it's nice to know I don't look as huge as I feel.

We were SO HAPPY you guys came, it meant so much to us and I hope it was fun for you. Thank the Mitchells for letting us have you!

Jenni said...

That was sooooo much fun! Seeing the pictures makes me sad it's over! We are so thankful that you guys came and we are so thankful for how good to us you all are! We love you both so much!

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I had such a great time spending time together! My favorite thing was how cute Carly was with Michael :)

And Em, I'm glad you feel happy about that picture! I look at it and I think I look bigger than I feel. bleh!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Cute pictures!! I'm so glad you guys were able to go be with your girls and babies for Thanksgiving! Everything looked and sounds like so much fun! Definitely a Thanksgiving to remember, I'm sure! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!! Love you!!