Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hello,
It's been a long time since I have blogged. I am pretty boring these days so there isn't a lot to say. The day care kids have all been sick this month and are just now feeling better. I am so glad it is getting warmer and we can go outside for a few minutes each day. Bruce and I started a project fixing up one of the extra bedrooms so that will be fun AND the daffodills are getting ready to bloom so that makes me very happy.

I was tagged by Le Ann so here are my answers to her questions.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Enjoying all the things my kids were doing. Jenni was in the 5th grade and Emily turned 16 and was playing softball. Darren received his mission call to Mexico City. Marc and Connie started coaching softball. I was walking every morning, serving in the Stake Young Women, and doing day care. Those were the days of Dariano, Marcus, Emily Ota and Alex. Good Times!

5 things on my to-do list today:--Practice the piano, read my book club book, post this to my blog, (that is a hard job for me), take care of five little girls, work on a scrapbook for Bethany.

"Things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire: Give to the poor. Put money away for our retirement, if we ever have one, so we won't have to live with Darren. Put money away for my grand kid's education.

3 of my bad habits:---Procrastination, over eating, and I say a certain bad word when I get frustrated.

Places I've Lived:-Beaver, Utah - Logan, Utah - Carson City, NV - Reno, Nevada, Eugene & Springfield, Oregon

Jobs I've had:- Wife and Mother, Secretary at Marist High School, Waitress at Sambo's in Reno, motel maid in Carson City, Child Care Provider.

Things most people don't know about me: I take piano lessons, -
I tag...Emily and Jill

3 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome mom! Good job!
I can't believe you thought that the days of Dariano and Marcus were good times. I remember you using a certain bad word a lot during those days.

Just kidding...but seriously, I'm sure Darren would love to have you guys live with him, so don't worry about saving for your retirement.

Jill said...

Uh oh, I'm tagged! Don't listen to a word Darren says, you are welcome at my house anytime. Really, a bad word? I can't imagine a bad word coming out of your mouth, Carol!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

mother... I LOVE YOU! reading your blog even makes me so happy! you're the best mom ever! I love that new picture of you and dad, can you send that to me? I need a copy of that! anyways- that was fun to read haha, i rememeber dariano days mwahahaha! and don't worry- you and dad can live with me, so you're all set :)