Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ups and Downs



Em tells me I need to update my blog so I guess I'll give it a whirl.


January has never been my month. I usually don't feel well since I have to be the one to clean up all the sweets left over from Christmas and since I was raised in the day of, " we don't waste food" what else can I do. The let down from the holidays probably plays a part in the way I feel too and I hate to be cold. Some people, like those living in Rexburg, Idaho, would probably argue with me about it even being cold here but I am cold. It gets better, Tuesday I have the wonderful opportunity of having a colonoscopy, I've had a partial one before and believe me it was not fun! I hear the full meal deal is much less painful. Today was day one of prep by drinking lots of water, tomorrow is total liquids and the concoction they give you to keep you close to home is the nice way of putting it:) I'm sure it will all be fine and I'm not concerned. I have the next two days off and will scrapbook to keep my mind off it.



Now for the UP part! I have been blessed with good reason to love January! We have four grandchildren with January birthdays and it just brings such joy to think of them and talk to them and even see Nick, Kellen and Caleb. Megan turned 12 on January 11th. She called us since she was going to Branson on her birthday and it was so great to visit with her. I can't even believe she is in Young Women. What a beautiful, thoughtful girls she is and I love her. Then there is Nick, he turned 11 on January 15th. That happened to be the day his mom, Melanie, wanted to drive to Oregon for Brittney's funeral so being the helpful boy he is, he postponed his birthday party and accompanied Melanie on the 16 hour round trip to the funeral. Just what an eleven year old boy wants to do but he never complained. It was so fun to see them for that short time and I love him for doing that. Along with having Darren and Tina there, it was a bright spot in an otherwise very sad time.


Yesterday we went to Portland to see Kellen and Caleb for their birthdays. Caleb is one already, walking and a real happy little boy. Kellen is four, so smart and fun to be around. One of my favorite things in the world is to talk on the phone to him. He says, "Hi" in the cuttest way ever like he is really happy to hear from you. Caleb wasn't sure what all the fuss was about and he wasn't that interested in his cake but did pick away at it a little at a time. I'm having trouble with my camera card so the photo of Kellen won't show up, darn. Just imagine his cute face:)

Vicki Coffin shared a poem that she had received which reminds us how blessed we are and how grateful we should be compared to a lot of people in this world and that really helped put things in perspective for me. I am very grateful!! Enjoy the rest of January, I plan to.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man, I hate to waste food...I guess I get that from you.
Those pictures are so cute! I love those boys!

I can't even believe that Megan is a beehive, that is so crazy! I'm jealous that you got to see Mel, Nick and everyone else.

Thanks for updating!
Love you!

PS: Ditch the word verification!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Wow carol i totally know how you feel! January is NOT my month!! But it's almost over and it seems like you have some things to lift your spirits!!! Those boys are just the CUTEST!!! you're so lucky you get to live so close! Thanks for the update! it's always fun to hear from you!!! keep blogging!:) love you!

Jill said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone in having a rough January. It was so fun to hear the grandkid b-day update! What cute pics of Caleb. I can't believe he's one and walking. Same with Nick and Megan. I can't believe everyone is growing too fast!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

dang I'm missing so much!!! I wish i could have seen all of the family that came to visit and it was torture not being able to be at caleb's birthday. but I'm so glad you had fun! and AMEN to not letting food go to waste, come on guys, i ate a big judd, hahaha!!

i love you mom!

Courtenay Beth said...

carol, keep up the blogging, and thanks for the update! What beautiful grandchildren you have, and fun fun kids they are! I don't like to start to be one of those people that says, wow, that makes me feel old, but I cannot believe megan is a beehive! I remember so well when she was tiny, I think of her as like 6 at the 4th of july! Weird! I know what you mean about January, I am so ready for it to be over, I do however wish time would slow way down these next few weeks. I'll be coming to Oregon in March :) John will be at Ft Louis in WA, so I'll spend some time at home and go up to see him when I can, it's always wonderful to come home. Here in Salt Lake it just keeps snowing and snowing and snowing! I'm ready for heat!
Anyway, um...good luck with your colonoscopy...hope everything comes out all right!!! HAHAHAHA I am so funny sometimes! Love you Carol!
Court