Saturday, July 11, 2009

So much for the dry boat

We did it again and it was really fun but we are looking at each other now and asking what were we thinking? Dad can't do anything half way so he gets in there are starts water fights and plays hard and I actually had to work hard and row and help this year so we are both EXHAUSTED! We were on the river 5 1/2 hours not to mention the six hours in the car.

I don' t have many photos because until the last minute I was going to be driving the lunches down river to meet them and didn't get a water camera, hat or other much needed items but I survived. We were the so called "dry boat" and if that means not getting into a lot of fights, it was true but we did take on a lot of water and got totally soaked working our way through the rapids without tipping over, (that was my ultimate goal) thanks to our captain, President Bay.
.

It was a beautiful day and we just couldn't stop saying how grateful we are for where we are blessed to live.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm oozing with jealousy!! I cannot believe that MY PARENTS have been rafting TWICE and I haven't been there either time! Mostly I'm jealous because you guys are SO much fun and those single adults are so lucky to have you!!!!!!

It looks like a blast! You're so brave and I'm glad you did it again!

Emily said...

Seriously, the jealousy!!!! It's just funny to look at that scenery and then look out my window and see nothing but dirt. Ugh.

I'm so glad you decided to go again, I bet it was so much fun! Can't wait to see you TODAY!

Jill said...

Me too! I just finished telling Jenni I was jealous of her boating and here you are rafting! Way to go! And now I'm jealous that you're with Emily and Easton. Oh well, I'll see you soon enough.

Melanie said...

Hmmm.. No Jealousy felt here. At least not about the boating. I might be a little jealous that I am not holding that new baby right now though.