Friday, September 17, 2010

Horseshoe Bend Fix

Wow, I'm having trouble getting these photos to move where I want them and no time to fix it.
Take notice Jenni and Steph of Whitehorse Falls, your favorite to play in. They have a lot more water going in to it now and they built this new observation deck.
Lemolo Falls, our newest discovery.

We knew we were taking a big chance going to Horseshoe the last week of August and thought it would be really crowded but instead it had rained that day and everyone moved out, we had the place to ourselves. The rain stopped as soon as we got there but we know better than to go without the fashionable blue tarps, just in case. It never rained again and got warmer every day.

Bruce in his favorite spot, he fished early mornings and evenings and we went on outings, played games, read and had a great time during the day.

Warming up after standing in the river for hours, I never did understand that. He caught some nice fish but it's catch and release there so we only broke the law once and ate one for breakfast. Yummy!

About Lemolo Falls (first photo) I can't believe we have never heard of it after 24 years. I don't know if it was that we hiked right after lunch or if I'm that out of shape but it was a long way in and out, you'll see from my face in the next picture that I was exhausted, Bruce just looks as though he went on a nice stroll, grrrrrrrrrr. I'm sure that sign lies! Plus, we had been hearing about bears and cougars and I was a little freaked out the whole time, we saw one other couple on the trail.


We both admitted being concerned about going without any family and we missed you all so much but we had a wonderful time and there was a memory around every corner and we had such fun talking about them, too many to mention but they are the best!





4 comments:

Jenni said...

I love every single one of those pictures! Especially the one of you by the hiking sign, I think it's adorable! And I always love seeing dad fishing. Your campsight looks just right! Man, It really does bring back a lot of memories and I wish so bad that I could have been there with you. And yes-I LOVE WHITEHORSE! It looks awesome!

one of these days we have to get Michael there!

Emily said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! That picture of dad fishing is awesome, and I love your tent, and I love the hiking pictures and all the waterfalls!!

Favorite place on earth. I'm so glad you guys went and I bet it felt SO weird to not have to feed and take care of at least 3 other people (or 6). How nice and relaxing for you!

I want to go back there SO BAD!!!
Love you!

Melanie said...

I think that picture of you is adorable! I hope you keep doing these fun things together!

Jill said...

I want to go again too! So glad you two made your trip. Sounds relaxing.

Did you say fish for breakfast?