Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Annual ride on Amtrak to CA

I didn't really ride the freight train but took this picture of a UP train when the kids and I went to play along the tracks, don't tell their parents. It was a cool place but I don't really like them hanging out there without grandma but I'm pretty sure they do. My Amtrak experience was pretty good this year, the train was on time both ways which is a miracle in itself. I slept well and the people I met were quite normal, sorry no funny stories. I sat by a very liberal woman from CA who had, accidentally, one child and that was enough and I listened to her all evening. She didn't ask me one question and I was afraid to tell her we had 8 children on purpose. I liked her stories though and she didn't snore or cough so she was great. On the way home they gave me another sleeper car free, I'm not sure why, I think it's Dad's pass but it was WONDERFUL! You would have laughed if you could have seen me trying to put the seats down to make my bed, couldn't read the instructions, some cute young guy finally came to my aid. I always love the ride home, the mountains had snow and Autumn leaves, I read and napped and had a wonderful day.
I've never seen any one put their hair up in rags but isn't she adorable? The before photo: AFTER! Love those curls! Love this girl and spending time with her.

In and Out for lunch after a fun movie.
I'm so glad we haven't outgrown the $ Store game, it's a favorite.

The weather was fantastic and I LOVE these trees, the streets were lined with them as well as Autumn leaves. Ben, Bella and Joshie on our walk to the tracks.

Holy smokes, what is this boy doing?? Scared me to death when I looked out the window and he and Bella were both shooting BB guns in the back yard. They know how to be careful and all was well.

Thanks Melanie and Andy for a wonderful few days, I feel so comfortable at your house and loving visiting and catching up and eating all your yummy food, thanks to Andy and Beth, I can say brussel sprouts are delicious. Love you!







4 comments:

Emily said...

So fun!!! They are all looking way too grown up. I love Beth's curly hair, that's so awesome!

I still have the little bag that Bella bought me from the dollar store when I was there and we played that game. I use it every day.

I miss those guys, glad you got to take your trip and ride the train!!!

Jenni said...

When I saw that one picture, I knew it was the dollar store game!! I Love that you still play that!! The pictures are awesome and I can't believe how great beth's rag curls turned out!

I'm always sad when you go in Novemeber and I don't get to go. We had a lot of fun times on those train rides! Plus,I need to try a sleeper car!!

glad you had fun! Thanks for the pics!

Carol and Bruce said...

That would really be a riot if you were in the sleeper car too, you could be in the top bunk! Someday we must do that.

Jill said...

Fun! I want to try a yummy brussel sprout and play the dollar store game and learn how to curl my hair like thar! I could do without the bb guns, though. :) I miss these guys!