Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We love visitors!

We were so glad to have Marc, Connie, Kellen and Caleb visit us on Father's Day! Melanie noticed right off when she called that the house wasn't dead quiet like it was on Mother's Day. I'm not complaining about Mother's Day, it was great, just quiet. I don't see Connie or I in any of the pictures, no surprise there, but we were there and we had a good time visiting and watching the boys play, aren't they just adorable. Thanks to all of you who remembered Dad, he loves you and it meant so much to him.I could hardly believe that I got to spend time with my sister, Janet, today! She called last night and ask me to meet her in Florence so I drove over and we spent four hours together in Old Town and The Sea Lion Caves and just had a great time, it was the best weather I have seen there in a long time, beautiful and warm. She is on the end of a vacation with her friends Karen and JB Jones, they went on a cruise to Alaska. WOW! Lucky! I may have to get brave and do that some day. Ila and Val went and now Warner and LeAnn are going in the fall. I love her and we always have fun together, it is just few and far between that we get to spent time together so what a blessing. It's going to be hard to top my first two days of my Summer vacation. Yesterday was just so nice to be able to go to the store at 10:00 in the morning.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay I love it when you blog! I'm so glad Marc and Connie came to visit...and jealous too. That picture of Caleb is SO cute, he looks just like Marc!

And so cool that you got to see Janet...I'm glad you guys had nice weather! Sisters are the best, right?

Jenni said...

AMEN to emily's comment,Caleb is a little marc!!! I LOVE IT! he's getting too big and the reunion just can't come fast enough for me because I'm so excited to see everyone! I'm so glad it was a great father's day. I'm bummed I wasnt there. I've never missed one :( but I'll be home soon.

I love the picture with you and janet, that is so awesome mom!!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

I loved looking at your blog and reading about your family! Blogging is such a great way to keep in contact with distant family (although it takes forever for me update mine!) Now if I could just get to my scrapbooking.....

The Webb Family said...

Hey Aunt Carol how's it goin? Janet said she was going up your way, cool that you two got to spend some time together. I hope she had a great time with Karen and JB. Looks like your family are all great.

Jill said...

Cute kids! Can't wait to see them. And how great that you got to hang out with Janet. Sisters are definitely the best.

Kimi said...

Marc is looking good! I have not seen him in forever! I wish we had kept in better contact over the years. Tell him hi for me next time you talk to him! Kim Neilson (Sabin)

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Happy 4th of July to you! Nice to see that Aunt Janet found you. It is fun to hang out w/ sisters!

We are tired happy and sunburned after the day's activities. Love you!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Hello Grandma Carol...it's Heidi Mel's sister-in-law. Don't you just love the blogging world. I found all you Jolley's through my friend that's moving to China. Somehow they know Darren's family. I was so excited to find you. I actually sqeeled.
I have Bella this week while Mel is at camp. Ally has loved having her here. We will miss her!