Thursday, August 7, 2008

Joyous July part two

Shayanna wasn't able to attend the reunion because of Dontea's baseball tournament in Portland but she and a friend spent the night with us the week end before and we had a great time at the mall and Amazon pool. Isn't she just so pretty?
I love Summer so much if for no other reason than sitting out waiting for "the plane" with Mitchell's and who ever else will join us. This night it happened to be Steph's boy friend. He thought we were a little strange but we like him anyway.
The day after the family reunion it was off to girls camp for a fun filled week with the girls from our stake and all my old buddies. Here we are building our kitchen, sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product because it was awesome. I love the spirit there, I slept well every night and just had so much fun.

Jenni is home with us for seven weeks and that just tops it all off. I feel really blessed as I recount the past month. Hope you are having a great Summer too!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Your kitchens at camp are always incredible. I can't believe how grown up Shay is...that's just too weird.

Have fun with Jenni!!!

I miss seeing the plane go by, you just don't find that kind of excitement around here.

Jill said...

I enjoyed waiting for the plane too. What a funny tradition! So sad I missed Shayanna! I'm glad you got to see her, though.

Jenni said...

seriously- this summer rocks! so much fun stuff. and i'm really glad you got to go to camp. but I'm ready for you to STAY HOME!!! have i mentioned that yet?! I'm SOSO SO glad to be home mom! I'm enjoying every second of spending time here :)

Christine said...

Cute Pictures!
Camp was fun! :D