Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Bruce complains that we are never home for my birthday so he could make the day nice for me the way he would like to, I looked back in my journal and sure enough it's true we are either camping, visiting in Beaver, driving a child to or from Rexburg, etc. It doesn't bother me though, in fact it makes things a little more exciting this way.

This year was super great as we went to Beaver and celebrated with my mom and family there, then on to Las Vegas and celebrated with Em, Steve and Easton, then home where Jenni had fixed my favorite taco dinner and fruit pizza. I spent the rest of the day on the phone with my children and grand children which was the best. I love birthdays and being remembered even at 57! (I actually thought I was 57 most of last year so it is like getting a bonus year:)

Thanks to all for making my day great!! I love you. Most of you know that Warner's birthday is the same day as mine so we finished out the day by sharing our desserts and gifts over there.Check out this awesome apron LeAnn made me out of a table cloth. I love it!




There are so many delicious ice cream places in Las Vegas, I think we still have a couple to try. This one is all low fat frozen yogart with tons of topping choices.



We ate a lot, tons, and visited a lot and just had a great, relaxing time with family. Dad spent any spare time doing chores around the house for Grandma and watching the olympics.

The is a lot of beautiful scenery between Las Vegas and Southern Utah that I had forgotten about, it's been awhile since I made this drive. It made me want to visit so many other places again... Bryce Canyon, Zions, The Grand Canyon, Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Guess we will just have to go back next year about August 24th. It did my heart good to go back to my home town, I love BEAVER!!

4 comments:

The Webb Family said...

I was glad that I got to visit with you and Bruce for a little bit last week, I wish we got to see more of you and the family and that we were a bit closer. Sounds like you have a great vacation and happy birthday to you!! I finally started a blog yay!! tawebb.blogspot.com
-Andrea

Emily said...

Beaver is a pretty sweet town. I like it too and so does Easton.

I'm glad you had a great birthday, even though you were traveling. Your apron is so cute!

We miss you but are so glad we got to see you guys!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Missed you in Beaver...sorry. I will see you next time, for sure.

Jill said...

It's probably been awhile since you went to Beaver, huh? I'm glad you got to go too, even though I'm with Bruce. You travel like mad all summer long! But I'm always glad when it means we get together.