Sunday, September 14, 2008

I really love Sunday

I remember when I couldn't say that I really loved Sunday, it didn't really seem like a day of rest when the children were little and I was trying to keep them quiet in church while Bruce sat on the stand. When we got home, they were starving and I couldn't get dinner on the table fast enough then we all fell asleep. Those were good and happy times and I remember them fondly but one thing I like about my life now is that I can actually listen in church.

Today the talks were all about adversity, what it is and why we have it and what we can learn from it, etc. They were all excellent talks and I guess I needed to hear them. I love the gospel so much and am so grateful for the help it gives me.

I had more to say on the subject of Sunday and why I love it but Dad woke from his little nap, he's been up since 4:00, and wants to sit outside so I can't miss out on that.

Today was an especially fun Sunday as our nephew, Clay and his wife Shirley, spent the week end with us and went to church with me. Shirley is studying to be a surgical tech had a conference in Eugene and we were happy for the chance to have them visit us. Clay watched the Duck game with Dad and helped me on the computer while Shirley was gone yesterday then we went out to pizza. Sad to say the Papas Pizza isn't as good as it used to be :(
I hope you have a great Sunday! I'm going to sit out while the sitting is good.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Does that mean that I won't enjoy Sundays until our kid(s) move out? Great.

I'm glad you had a fun weekend with visitors, that's always exciting and shakes things up a bit.

Why wasn't Papa's good?!?!

The Webb Family said...

Sunday's are hard!! I have the same question as Emily...except for if I'm in sac. meeting by myself, i'm so used to wrestling Tanner or reading bks and tracing letters and numbers with Braxton that I find it hard to sit through it and the hour seems to drag sooo bad!! I'll be the only granny on the back row eating cheerios, reading Paddington Bear books an practicing my letters during church when I'm old!!!