Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break

Speed scrabble after Michael's great lesson for FHE
Grandma Williams loves Wendys food so we had a picnic in her room. Marc hasn't been to Beaver since he was ten so it was fun for him to be there and take Connie and the kids to meet his family. Marc, Emily, Carly, Jennifer, Valerie, Andrea and Camrie.
Cute bunny ears Valerie:)
I always look forward to visiting family during Spring Break and this year it felt like a good time to visit my mom in Beaver, Utah. I was lucky and other people in my family had the same idea so I got to see them too, which was so great!

I spent three days with Jenni and Michael and that was so fun for me to see what goes on in their lives there in Provo. They spoiled me rotten to say the least! I went to church with them and was amazed at their ward, I have never seen so many young married couples in one place in my life, since then the ward has been split. I got to see the office where Jenni works and meet the Doctor and other people she spends her day with, no wonder she LOVES her job, they were all so nice and it's fun to hear them express how much they appreciate her. Darren happened to be in town on business so we met him twice, once with Jill's family for a delicious dinner and once on campus. I hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving so that was a treat.
I spent three days in Beaver with my mom, my sister and her family and I just love them all to pieces and enjoyed every minute of it. Marc, Connie, Kellen and Caleb were visiting Emily and Steve in Las Vegas for Spring Break so they all drove to Beaver for a day which made Jenni and I very happy.

The weather went from sunny, no jacket, on Sunday to snow on Friday and everything in between but I enjoyed it all including a snow ball fight with Kellen, Easton and Caleb and was grateful for the chance to see my mom, age 92, doing so well and to be with my family. Thanks to all for making it such a wonderful week, I am so grateful.

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Your Mom looks so pleased--that was cool that you all got to be there together--a whole room FULL!

Emily said...

Loved the Wendy's picnic. I remember always going there when Grandma came to visit. It was so fun to see everyone, I love going to beaver!!

Glad you had a good break, you deserve it!!
Love you!

Jenni said...

WHAT A BLAST!! I still miss you! Thanks for putting up with our silly little life :) It was so special to go to Beaver and see Grandma and try out Arshel's :) Thank ou so so much for coming!

I love you SO much!

Come back!

P.S- i hate that first picture of me. That week off I took of exercise while you were here did me NO good in that picture of my zitty face!!! hahaha, ew!

LOVE YOU!!!

Jill said...

That's Utah weather for you: all over the place.

What an amazing trip filled with family from all over. You couldn't have planned it better! We're hoping to make it to Beaver in June when we're in Utah. Wanna come back? :)