Thursday, August 11, 2011

August Already

Marc and Connie made it possible for a few of us to get together at Black Butte and it was so much fun! What a fantastic place for families, swimming, biking, hiking, walking, relaxing, fishing and more. I'd love to share all my favorite photos but it would take forever so here are a few. The top one is all my little helpers, we planned an anniversary party for their parents since they were all married within a month from each other. They were adorable and really kept the secret
It was amazing to me that Connie was willing to do this after just giving birth to Cameron but we tried hard to make it so she could rest a lot. Still she was on the move with us all the time.


The bike races were hilarious! Kellen and Caleb are pros and Justin, Joseph and Easton just learning but they took turns and helped each other.


AWH, here is a chance for me to brag about the skirt I made Carly for her birthday, I love it! It was so fun to make and doesn't she look adorable in it? It got me in the mood to do more sewing.


Erica wasn't sure about any of us and stuck pretty close to her mom but by the end of the week she had warmed up, she is just the cutest. She learned to crawl this week and is almost walking as well.


Baby Cameron never wanted for someone to hold and love him, we were lined up for that job.


These boys are so cute together, this is in the awesome loft room where they all had a bunk bed. We had to pay them to go to sleep each night!


Swimming happened every day with several pools to choose from.


Nature hike first thing in the morning.


Melanie and her family came to visit for a few days and we had such a fun time with them.


Feeding the ducks and fishing.

Miniature golfing


Joshie joined the ranks of the little boy cousins this year and he fits right in. As you can see August has been GREAT so far and I hope the rest of the month will be just as good. We are grateful that we finally got Summer weather and that the garden is finally doing well. Cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, zucchini, potatoes all from the garden last night for dinner. YUM!


Have I mentioned how much we love having Jenni and Michael living here this Summer? Our time is coming to an end but I don't like to think about it yet.


























5 comments:

Emily said...

Love the pics!! Your anniversary party was the cutest, sweetest thing! We had such a fun week with everyone, I'm missing it real bad.

I love the swimming picture and the loft picture with all the boys.

Jealous of your garden, I wish I could taste all those yummy vegetables!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Such a fun post!! So many FUN things!! First of all, I LOVE that skirt!!!!!! It is SO cute and looks SO cute on that little Carly!! What a fun vacation! Everything looked like SO much fun!! I am way jealous of all of it! Especially all that baby snuggle time! Sounds like heaven!! Thanks for the Update! We are excited for Jenni and Michael to come back but i'm feeling for ya at the same time! I wouldn't like to talk about that either! Enjoy all the time you can! Sounds like you guys don't have a problem with that! Sounds like a FUN filled summer! You all deserve it!! Live it up!! Love you!!

LeAnn said...

Love the pictures! Lots of fun memories. love Carly's skirt--good job!!

Jenni said...

I can't believe that is all already over!! I don't know how I feel about it. The one thing that brings me comfort is that it was SO MUCH FUN. I love those kids soooo much and I love all of your pictures! I can't wait to steal them!

We miss you sooooo much alraedy! I love you!

Jill said...

Thanks again for such a fun party. That group of grandkids is looking pretty large and growing all the time!

LOVE Carly's skirt! I had no idea you made it!